History

"We insist upon professionalism and our customers invest their trust."
  • 1831

    From a small factory for the production of white lead powder, Bartolomeo Boero starts in Genoa the activities of the family in the world of paints. White lead, until the nineteenth century, was the only inorganic pigment known and used for paintings; the high resistance of this raw material is evidenced by the antique pictures and paintings of centuries ago. Thanks also to the proximity with the port, the company develops rapidly, with the availability of facilitated logistics and at affordable prices that enable commercial choices that are highly innovative for the time.

  • 1856

    An increase in demand and consequently of production create the need to expand: a new plant is then opened with an increased area in Genoa Albaro.

  • 1901

    Filippo, the son of Bartolomeo, succeeds his father in the running of the company and continues strengthening of the activities by introducing new and more efficient technologies.

  • 1907

    Expansion of the company runs in parallel to that of the city: a more modern and efficient plant is built in Genoa, San Martino.

  • 1929

    The production of zinc white and red lead is started.

  • 1941

    Filippo Boero hands over the company to his children Gigi and Federico Mario - the third generation - and a new company is formed with a collective name, called Boero Bartolomeo.

  • 1942

    The production of synthetic enamels commences.

  • 1958

    In Genoa Molassana, a new plant is constructed, the fourth in the history of the company; for the time, the new premises are impressive: 20,000 m² of total surface area and seven buildings intended for production, storage, shipping, laboratories and quality control.

  • 1970

    Specialisation in the field of paints for the boating industry commences.

  • 1982

    Under the presidency of Federico Mario, flanked by his daughter Andreina, the company becomes a group and the holding company Boero Bartolomeo S.p.A. is listed on the Italian stock market.

  • 1989

    To consolidate its leadership in the naval sector, Boat S.p.A. is set up. – Boero Attiva Marine & Protective Coatings - that relies on the know-how and on the worldwide sales network of the Japanese multinational Chugoku Marine Paints.

  • 1991

    Andreina Boero is appointed President.

  • 1994

    Boero Colori France S.a.r.l. is established for the marketing in France of products for the yachting sector.

  • 1995

    The pharmaceutical group Angelini establishes Rover Colori e Vernici S.r.l., specialising in paints for the construction industry with high ecological value.

  • 2000

    Acquisition of the prestigious trade mark Veneziani Yachting, with over 140 years of history in boating.

  • 2001

    Acquisition by the Boero Group of Attiva S.p.A., one of the top five Italian producers of paints. The Group confirms its leadership position in the fields of Construction, Yachting and Shipbuilding.

  • 2009

    A new plant at Rivalta Scrivia, covering an area of 120,000 m²; it is one of the major production sites for the industry of colours and paints in Europe. In November it sees the opening in Genoa of the state of-the-art Research and Development Centre "Riccardo Cavalleroni"; the laboratories, at which a team of highly qualified technicians operates, cover an area of ​​1,500 m².

  • 2010

    Cristina Cavalleroni Boero, fifth generation, already a member of the Board of Directors, is appointed Vice President.

  • 2012

    Chugoku and Boero consolidate their relationship with the sale of a majority stake to the Japanese of Boat S.p.A.; through this agreement, new prospects for the Group's development in emerging markets will open.

  • 2013

    New synergies between well-established players in the world of Boero and Brignole paints are activated, consolidating their market effectiveness.

    The redevelopment of Genoa Molassana commences following agreement with Sogegross S.p.A.: The urban regeneration project includes retail, recreational and residential space.